Five Fat Quarter Fun - Garden Path

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hello again!  Can you believe it's already April?  
That means it's time for another Five Fat Quarter Fun project!


This month's FREE Five Fat Quarter Fun project is called Garden Path and was designed by my partner in crime Amanda of the blog Jedi Craft Girl.  Be sure to stop by her blog to get the PDF pattern and see more pictures of her beautiful quilt!


Amanda and I both used Cotton + Steel fabrics donated to us by the Fat Quarter Shop!  I love The Fat Quarter Shop.  They were so helpful and they shipped my fabrics super quick without any problems!  Thank you to the Fat Quarter Shop for sponsoring our pattern this month!


I've been on a really "traditional" kick lately and I'm loving classic colors that won't go out of style - like blues and neutrals.  Who knew that you could get that feel with Cotton + Steel fabrics?  Usually their fabrics are more modern and whimsical (which I LOVE - don't get me wrong!) but I am really happy with the traditional feel of these fabrics.




















I pulled my fabrics from a few different Cotton + Steel collections including their basics, solids, Bluebird, Flower Shop and the S.S. Bluebird collections.


I ordered a few extra fabrics (aside from what The Fat Quarter Shop donated) so that I could have options.    


For the quilting, I chose one of my favorite, go-to patterns - the continuous curve!  Cathy Barney in Alpine, UT quilted it for me and I love how it turned out! 


I love this simple quilt pattern too.  In fact, I love it so much that I wanted to make it bigger!  It's super easy and quick to put together.  But, I decided to stick with just the 5 fat quarters this time.  I don't do this very often, but I'm tempted to make a second Garden Path quilt (just bigger)!!!


Did you notice that my borders and binding are a little different than Amanda's?  

If you're interested in the fabric requirements and alternate border & binding instructions for my version, click HERE. Be sure to stop by Amanda's blog to get the main instructions though, you'll need those too (click HERE).


 We hope you are enjoying these FREE Five Fat Quarter Fun projects!  We are loving the challenge they are giving us to make at least one quilt a month.  Please let us know if you make any of them.  You can tag us on Instagram @jedicraftgirl and @gigis_thimble and be sure to use the hashtags #fivefatquarterfun and #gardenpathquilt.

Happy quilting!
~ Amber


6 comments:

  1. Yes I am loving them a bunch! Thank you for them. I made the one from last month, just waiting to take pic's of it. Keep them coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both yours and Amanda's quilts. Your Five Fat-Quarter Quilts are like monthly Mystery Quilt Alongs - so fun!! This last one is a special one again, and perfect for some fabric I have. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also enjoying seeing all the fat quarter quilt possibilities! They are so inspirational! There is something very appealing about this simple traditional setting! It is definitely going on my 'to-do' list! I love the blue colour palette you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that blue version! It's amazing what you do with 5 fat quarters! I am looking forward each month to seeing what you come up with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you made Amber. A few of my projects are doing well, but one is stalled, and you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. Glad I could help. Isn't it great how we all help and inspire each other? Thanks for stopping by Anne!

      Delete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber